The Alexander Technique is used by performers who want to function with minimum effort and maximum efficiency. The Technique has been used by performers for over 110 years.
Singers, dancers, actors and musicians learn the Alexander Technique to improve performance, reduce anxiety and prevent aches and injury.
With the Technique you enhance your balance, coordination and sensory awareness. This in turn makes it easier to be attentive, to be present in the moment, and to use your energy efficiently.
Freedom and ease of movement also make it easier to learn new performance pieces and to free yourself of habits which are getting in the way of acquiring new skills or interfering with expression on stage.
Many universities, music, dance and acting schools, conservatories, orchestras, and theatre companies include the Alexander Technique in their performing arts curricula. Many notable actors and musicians have publicly endorsed the Alexander Technique, for example: Julie Andrews, Ben Kingsley, Julian Bream, John Cleese, Judi Dench, William Hurt, Jeremy Irons, James Earl Jones, Patti Lupone, Paul McCartney, Paul Newman, Lupita Nyong’o, Jonathan Pryce, Margot Robbie, Sting, Maggie Smith, Mary
Die Alexander-Technik ist vor allem im englischsprachigen Raum im Bereich der Performing Arts sehr etabliert und wird unter anderem an folgenden Institutionen gelehrt:
- Royal Academy of Dramatic Art
- The Menuhin School
- Juilliard School
- Royal National Theatre
- Royal Academy of Music
- Royal College of Music
- London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art
- New York University
- Metropolitan Opera
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama
- Central School of Speech and Drama
- Royal Northern College of Music
- New England Conservatory of Music
- Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Guildford Drama School
- Mannes College of Music
- The Actor’s Studio
- The American Academy of Dramatic Arts
- Northwestern University School of Music and School of Speech
- The Aspen Music Festival and School
- The Eastman School of Music
- West Australian Academy of Performing Arts
- Australian National Academy of Music
- Victorian College of the Arts
- National Institute of Dramatic Art
- Mountview Theatre School
- Purnell School
For our open days and workshops please see News and Events.
To book a lesson please see Contact Us.